The quality of someone’s smile can degrade as years pass by.
Since our teeth serve as a very important aesthetic function, cosmetic dentistry has become quite important for the practice. Dentists can recommend cosmetic dental treatments such as dental implants to their patients who has broken or missing teeth. Teeth implants can also be prescribed to patients who have other concerns like teeth stains, discoloration, malpositions and rotations.
There are various restorative choices for teeth restorations and replacements. There are removable prosthetic devices such as dentures, dental crowns and bridges. However, dental implants specifically guarantee a long-term replacement for teeth. Implants are most beneficial to those patients who want a permanent working device rather than the removable ones.
Benefits of Implants
Because of the efficiency and convenience our dental implants bring, it is the most sought treatment after restorative dental treatments. Remember that a dental implant is a replica of the tooth’s root made of materials that are biocompatible. An implant is designed to copy your teeth’s natural feeling and is fully functional and prevents further tooth decay or trauma to your mouth.
Dental implants and their benefits:
- Prevents periodontal disease
- Promotes good oral health
- Encourages healthy living like quitting smoking
- Helps you commit to healthy habits by having a good oral hygiene and a routine trip to your dentist
Taking good care of your dental implant is important for your oral health. With proper care and a frequent visit to your dentist, your dental implant will last for a long time.
Here are a few tips to consider:
- Brush and floss thoroughly the area where your teeth implants are
- Rinse your mouth with a mouthwash
- Schedule thrice a year visit to your dentist
- Avoid toothpaste that contains abrasive ingredients like baking soda as it can remove the glaze on your implants
Dental implants are the most recommended option compared to removable prosthetic devices. Implantsencourages good oral health and a healthy lifestyle. Dental implants can last a lifetime so follow your dentist’s instructions and keep your regular dental appointments.