I have to undergo Surgery, what must I keep in mind?
Get Authorisation From Your Medical Aid
- Please take the pre–authorisation form to your Medical Aid.
- You also need to take the Medical Aid authorisation number with you to the hospital.
Before Surgery with General Anaesthesia
- Please do not eat or drink anything 6 hours prior to surgery.
- Arrange for transport from hospital. Patients are not allowed to drive for 24 hours after surgery.
Before Surgery with Local Anaesthesia
- Eat and drink your normal diet
- Take your normal daily medications as prescribed by your doctor before surgery.